APPLY Baker Consulting: Shop Manager/Mechanic
I. Job Summary
Must have the ability to work both on an oil and gas site and in an office/shop setting with limited to no supervision. Responsible for successfully supporting operations and equipment based around upstream, midstream, downstream projects. Responsible for the involvement in successful operations in all Baker Consulting operations.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- With limited or no supervision, be responsible for the maintenance, repair, and overall care of all Baker equipment, tools, and assets.
- Establish and manage fully functional maintenance, purchasing, and inventory programs for all equipment, tools, and assets.
- Performs services and tasks in accordance with Baker Consulting Safety OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements and ensures crew/s responsible for are in compliance as well. This includes wearing and using all Personal Protective Equipment, PPE, and keeping Baker shop and facilities in compliance with Baker Consulting policies, OSHA, Customers, and any other local, state, or federal regulations.
- Practice awareness concerning issues of health, safety and the environment; cooperates with emergency teams to anticipate and deal with any hazardous and/or unusual situations (gas environment, high-pressure wells, oil spills and line leaks, inclement weather, acts of vandalism, etc.).
- Keep all required safety recording and data up to date and in good standing for division operations (PEC, ISNET, etc).
- Attend and participate in weekly and monthly safety meetings and safety audits.
- Conducts other duties and tasks as assigned to include:
- Perform light duty tasks in situations when unable to complete regular assigned tasks. This may include office, shop, or training duties when placed on restricted work duties from designated medical providers.
- Represent Baker Consulting with multiple customers and affiliates in all lines of businesses.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position is has no direct reports at the time of hire but may, in the future, be responsible for hiring and managing additional shop/mechanic supporting roles. This position does have the authority, with upper management’s approval, to issue disciplinary actions for personnel not following the policies and programs he/she is directly responsible for. Furthermore, this position will be required to conduct competent person training for equipment utilized in field operations.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- At least five years’ experience in a mechanics position servicing the oil and gas, automotive, or construction industry.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School/GED.
- Experience in DOT regulations and standard practices.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Currently hold or have the immediate ability to obtain industry standard safety certifications including OSHA10, Safeland PEC, First Aid/CPR, H2S awareness, confined space, among others including customer specific orientations.
- Class A or Class B CDL with driving experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools, equipment, and parts used in oilfield operations.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, hand tools, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 50 pounds;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc)
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: Shared time both on Oil and Gas sites and in a shop setting.