APPLY Baker Consulting: Foreman/Field Supervisor
I. Job Summary
Must have the ability to work on an oil and gas site with limited or no supervision. Responsible for successfully supporting operations based around upstream, midstream, downstream projects. A Foreman is responsible for performing a wide range of operating or maintenance tasks on a daily basis and acts as the responsible person of an assigned crew. This position is diverse and job duties may vary on a daily basis.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs oil field related services and task in accordance with Baker Consulting Safety OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements and ensures crew/s responsible for are in compliance as well. This includes wearing and using all Personal Protective Equipment, PPE, required by Baker Consulting, OSHA, Customers, and any other local, state, or federal regulations.
- Practice awareness concerning issues of health, safety and the environment; cooperates with emergency teams to anticipate and deal with any hazardous and/or unusual situations (gas environment, high-pressure wells, oil spills and line leaks, inclement weather, acts of vandalism, etc.).
- Proficiency in building, repairing, and/or fabricating facilities including but not limited to production equipment, locations, midstream facilities, and downstream locations.
- Plan in the areas of equipment and manpower needs.
- Assign duties to others and give direction.
- Proficiency in completing job related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Assist with major repairs to equipment.
- Able to train other employees.
- May join with technical groups and field personnel on teams to promote production efficiency and safety.
- Work with management to build and complete bids and proposals.
- Required to lift and move materials greater than 50 lbs.
- Ability to use a variety of hands tools and equipment in accordance with the work requirements of this role.
- Performs general groundwork, mechanical, construction, and paperwork tasks.
- Conducts other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Perform light duty tasks in situations when unable to complete regular assigned tasks. This may include office, shop, or training duties when placed on restricted work duties from designated medical providers.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job supervises one (1) to (10) personnel per crew.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, DOT physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, MVR, and criminal history
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with coworkers and other companies on site, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools, equipment, and parts used in oilfield operations.
- At least one year experience in a similar position, managing crews in the oil and gas industry.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High School/GED and three (3) years in a similar position in the oil and gas industry.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- CDL class A or B license.
- Currently hold or have the immediate ability to obtain industry standard safety certifications including OSHA10, Safeland PEC, First Aid/CPR, H2S awareness, confined space, among others including customer specific orientations.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, legs, and finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 50 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to work from ladders or raised platforms and on common equipment utilized in the gas and oil industries.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: manual labor in an oil field environment.